The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken extraordinary enthusiasm with respect to advancement of advanced education in the NER. For improving the GER, advancing advanced education and for urging youngsters having a place with financially more vulnerable area of the NE locale, the UGC has chosen to dispatch “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from scholastic meeting 2014-15. Before propelling the plan the UGC embraced wide going meetings with State Governments and Central and State Universities of the NE area, the Ministry of HRD, the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region , the North Eastern Council, Shillong and different partners.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020 Details
Courses: General degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses
Scholarship Amount: ₹ ₹ 5,400 per month & 7,800
Last Date: 31 Oct 2020
Last Date of receipt of online application is 30th October 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2020
1) Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under
A) Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
B) Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
C) Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
D) Institutes of National Importance.
E) Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
2) Only first year Under-graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
3) For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for scholarship.
4) For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
5) Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Exclusions: The following shall not be eligible under this scheme-
1) Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
2) Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
3) Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
4) Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
5) Students whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Amount
An amount of Rs.5400/- p.m. for General Degree courses and Rs. 7800/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Application Form
Eligible students may apply online through National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India URL: https://www.ugc.ac.in/ner/About.aspx.
The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NSP.
1. Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
2. Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
3. For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College.
Important Web Link
Official Website: Click Here
Official Notification: Click Here
Online Application: Click Here